27 August 2012

SKIN: the seduction of surface // Mosom Maskwa - Pawakan (Grandfather Bear - Spirit-Guides) // On a Path to Learning: Early Nova Scotian Women Artists


[More from the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia]

I nearly slipped on the floor near the front desk, my loafers were wet from the rain outside. It was a Thursday evening, free entry. Grey and rainy outside and perfect to be wandering alone inside the gallery on such a night.

At the gift shop I asked the lady if we could unwrap the plastic from a particular book on street art. I admit, I wanted to see inside because the author had a Finnish name. Turned out the book was mediocre, and I didn't purchase it though I felt obliged to.

SKIN:





Mosom Maskwa - Pawakan:



On a Path to Learning:


I love samplers and this one is disintegrating which makes it all the more lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment